THE childcare centre referred to outlined the course of action taken in regard to their staff member after allegations of molestation.
Steps taken included:
- Critical incident reporting procedure initiated on the same day.
- Written report compiled and sent to management.
- The centre conducted an investigation into allegations, which included interviews with some staff.
- The employee was stood down from duties pending the outcome of investigations.
- The employee was given written notification of the allegation and invited to respond.
- The employee provided both a written and verbal response to the allegation.
- The employee's files were reviewed for any previous matters. (However, it's believed the employee had only worked in the region for a few months).
- The internal investigation found, "on the balance of probabilities ... the allegations were not substantiated".
- Queensland Department of Education, Training and Employment notified and they investigated.
- A letter was sent to parents of that centre advising there had been a complaint of inappropriate behaviour with a child, which could not be substantiated.
- The family was told their employee "will be transferring to another centre in order to support their ongoing wellbeing as well as that of your child and your family".
A spokesperson for the centre concerned issued the following statement:
"We take child wellbeing concerns very seriously and conducted our own internal investigation and did not find evidence of any wrong-doing. Police also investigated and informed us they will not be proceeding any further with this matter."
Police were also contacted for comment, however, a senior child protection and investigation unit officer said they were not able to comment. The officer said the family should contact police again if they felt the case should be pursued.
This lovely 2 storey home is located at the end of Bean Avenue and has a double carport with direct access into the downstairs modern kitchen and living/ lounge...
Be quick to inspect this fantastic lowset brick home that is only 2 years young, beautifully positioned in a magnificent elevated location with breathtaking...
This home is ideal for any first home buyer or investor! Centrally located close to an abundance of schools, shopping centres and hospitals you must put this well...
With plenty of room for the whole family this 5 bedroom home in the quiet suburb of Wandal is waiting for its new owner. Be amazed when you walk through the front...
Looking for the perfect family home in a convenient location, or wanting to add to your portfolio? Look no further than 7 Ottaway Street. Situated in the heart of...
4 BEDROOMS, 2 LIVING AREAS, SALT WATER PO0L & SHED. 816M2 ALLOT. $465,000 NEG. The current Owners have lived and raised their Children in this large 224.8m2 home.
For the discerning purchaser, we present 11 Corberry Street, a rare fusion of traditional style with a contemporary finish. Occupying a stately position in the...
New Release - Big Backyards from $159,000 The Shoals is the latest land release from long-time local property developers, Pacific Properties. The Shoals is tucked...
Covered front porch overlooking the tropical garden. Downstairs apartment has a separate fully self contained living area. Walk into the spacious, air-conditioned...
If you are looking to down size or invest then look no further for this beachside unit. Walking distance to both Cooee Bay and Lammermoor Beach this ‘Cooee Palms’...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.