THE childcare centre referred to outlined the course of action taken in regard to their staff member after allegations of molestation.
Steps taken included:
- Critical incident reporting procedure initiated on the same day.
- Written report compiled and sent to management.
- The centre conducted an investigation into allegations, which included interviews with some staff.
- The employee was stood down from duties pending the outcome of investigations.
- The employee was given written notification of the allegation and invited to respond.
- The employee provided both a written and verbal response to the allegation.
- The employee's files were reviewed for any previous matters. (However, it's believed the employee had only worked in the region for a few months).
- The internal investigation found, "on the balance of probabilities ... the allegations were not substantiated".
- Queensland Department of Education, Training and Employment notified and they investigated.
- A letter was sent to parents of that centre advising there had been a complaint of inappropriate behaviour with a child, which could not be substantiated.
- The family was told their employee "will be transferring to another centre in order to support their ongoing wellbeing as well as that of your child and your family".
A spokesperson for the centre concerned issued the following statement:
"We take child wellbeing concerns very seriously and conducted our own internal investigation and did not find evidence of any wrong-doing. Police also investigated and informed us they will not be proceeding any further with this matter."
Police were also contacted for comment, however, a senior child protection and investigation unit officer said they were not able to comment. The officer said the family should contact police again if they felt the case should be pursued.
This great allotment is priced to sell. Located in a well sought after area of Norman Gardens in Fairfield Estate and surrounded by quality homes, it won't last...
If you have been looking for that something special in your new home this home is a must for you to inspect. Features include, 4 built-in bedrooms(main with...
Offering a prime opportunity to add this executive apartment to your property portfolio, we present this sophisticated stylish one bedroom suite. A premium CBD...
This two bedroom and sleepout cottage may need a bit of TLC however there is Parkland across the road and if you need room for vehicles, boats, trailers or spare...
Imagine coming home to a quiet neighbourhood located in the lovely Frenchville to a home that has been impeccably looked after, with enough space for everyone!
This sizeable block of land is situated in a very prominent Frenchville precinct. Capturing views across the city and nestled in a private cul-de-sac this is the...
Welcome to this immaculately presented home providing luxurious, spacious living. This home is located in well sought-after Park Ridge Estate, Rockyview set back...
This huge brick and tile 5 bedroom home is fully air-conditioned and is approx 349m2 of inside living areas plus the double remote garage and undercover...
Modern luxury has never been so attainable with this gloriously detailed one bedroom apartment in the heart of Rockhampton's vibrant CBD. Revel in picturesque...
This fantastic property offers so much versatility- perfect as a wonderful family home on a huge block of land -1268m2- perfect for shed, pool, tennis court- the...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.