THE childcare centre referred to outlined the course of action taken in regard to their staff member after allegations of molestation.
Steps taken included:
- Critical incident reporting procedure initiated on the same day.
- Written report compiled and sent to management.
- The centre conducted an investigation into allegations, which included interviews with some staff.
- The employee was stood down from duties pending the outcome of investigations.
- The employee was given written notification of the allegation and invited to respond.
- The employee provided both a written and verbal response to the allegation.
- The employee's files were reviewed for any previous matters. (However, it's believed the employee had only worked in the region for a few months).
- The internal investigation found, "on the balance of probabilities ... the allegations were not substantiated".
- Queensland Department of Education, Training and Employment notified and they investigated.
- A letter was sent to parents of that centre advising there had been a complaint of inappropriate behaviour with a child, which could not be substantiated.
- The family was told their employee "will be transferring to another centre in order to support their ongoing wellbeing as well as that of your child and your family".
A spokesperson for the centre concerned issued the following statement:
"We take child wellbeing concerns very seriously and conducted our own internal investigation and did not find evidence of any wrong-doing. Police also investigated and informed us they will not be proceeding any further with this matter."
Police were also contacted for comment, however, a senior child protection and investigation unit officer said they were not able to comment. The officer said the family should contact police again if they felt the case should be pursued.
A unique opportunity to secure this large parcel of land at Coowonga which is just off the Emu Park Road and only a few minutes further to Emu Park township. The...
This property is located approx. 25 mins drive from Rockhampton just past Alton Downs at South Yaamba and comprises of 40ha (98.84acres) with a modern 2 bedroom...
This spacious family home will tick all you boxes. Perfectly located in the heart of North Rockhampton in a quiet family friendly area close to everything you...
Where else can you get a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 living area low set brick and tile home in a quiet Frenchville cul-de-sac for under $400,000? Come along and...
Situated in the sought after area of Frenchville this three bedroom highset home is exactly what you have been looking for. Ascend upstairs to find a great sized...
This spacious home is designed for modern family with growing needs. If you would like to be central and minutes to everything, then this is it. Close to shopping...
Positioned on 3.5 acres surrounded by private bushlands is this large family home in a sought after area of Glendale. Featuring 5 bedrooms main with walk in robe...
Situated in an ideal cul de sac location you will find this well presented family home with all the extras. With sought after features including a double bay shed...
Are you looking for large rooms, multiple living areas & a big shed? This may be the one for you.. Our owners have moved and are highly motivated to sell.
This is the ONE you have been looking for - a beautiful 4 bedroom lowset brick home, with 2 living areas, in Norman Gardens ,close to the Uni, Schools and...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.