NATHAN Buckley said Collingwood's coaches and players must 'sharpen up' after the Magpies' sobering 60-point loss to Carlton at the MCG on Friday night.
Buckley, who is facing pressure after just his third game in charge since succeeding Mick Malthouse, said his club had been shown up by a hungrier side playing better as a team and with a greater spread of contributors.
Carlton's seven goals in the first quarter saw it race to a comfortable lead that only for a brief period in the second period did Collingwood look like being capable of pulling back.
A six goal second half saw the lead extended further ending up with a crushing 18.14 (122) to 9.8 (62) loss for Buckley.
"We've had a fairly big wake-up call tonight," Buckley said.
Read the full match report at ABC news online