SOMETHING is going down among the grit and grime of Rockhampton's Quay Lane.
Laneways are dirty, smelly and full of graffiti, but Leigh Devlin on Wednesday confirmed the word on the street about a unique and exciting event celebrating a part of our city's heritage.
The general manager of the Heritage Hotel on Wednesday announced Rockhampton is getting its own laneway festival in May, and it will be a yearly event.
Leigh said, just like Melbourne and Sydney, Rockhampton had its own beautiful, historic buildings with rustic laneways in between, so we too should have a laneway festival.
And here's how it will go down: two stages, one in the lane and other in William St, with multiple bars, rides and entertainment.
"We want to run it similar to how the successful events in Melbourne run in the grit, grime and genuine article of Quay Lane," he said.
"We are excited to shine lights up on the walls of these beautiful old buildings and use the Heritage and CBD as a backdrop to a super exciting festival experience."
Pardon us for not getting to the line-up yet, but Sneaky Sound System will headline with a whole host of DJs including The Twins, Elen Levon, Benibee and Tenzin, to name a few.
IF YOU GO
- What: Heritage Laneway Festival (18+)
- Who: Sneaky Sound System, Vandalism!, The Twins, Elen Levon, Tenzin, Trumpdisco, Smokin Joe Mekhael, McKitch, Benibee and The Askins
- When: Saturday, May 19, from 5pm to 11pm
- Where: Quay Lane, Rockhampton (beside the Heritage Hotel)
- Cost: $56 pre-sold, $79 on the gate
- Tickets: From the Heritage Hotel
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.