Find something curious…
This is your opportunity to live and work in the real Australian outback. Located in the far western
corner of Queensland, the Diamantina Shire borders the Northern Territory and South Australia. It is
part of the “Channel Country” renowned for some of the best grazing land in Australia. Along with beef
production, tourism is the life blood of the Shire. The Shire’s two towns, Birdsville and Bedourie boast
modern facilities including hotels, motels, caravan parks, health clinics, airports, pools, state schools
and police stations.
Working with us allows you to explore our wilderness areas and truly experience our renowned events such as the Birdsville Races,
Big Red Bash, and the Bedourie Camel Races as only locals can. It’s an opportunity that you can’t go past.
We are now recruiting the following positions:
• Plant Operator (MC Truck) to work with our road construction and maintenance teams operating a road train with side tippers
or water tankers.
• Plant Operator (Grader) to work with our road construction and maintenance teams operating a Cat 140M Grader.
• Plant Operator (Stabiliser) to work with our road construction and maintenance teams operating a Stabiliser.
• Plant Operator (Labourer) to complete labouring tasks and operate plant as required on the Civil crew.
• Roadworks Ganger (Construction) to supervise a road construction team ensuring that all allocated work is completed safely,
in a timely manner, within budget and to the required quality.
• Works Coordinator to manage our road construction and maintenance works crews out on the road.
• Building Tradesperson to undertake maintenance and construction of Council buildings and facilities.
• Pest and Compliance Officer to ensure council manages its obligations in controlling weeds, pests and animals across the shire
and undertakes electrical tag/test in accordance with legislative requirements.
These are full time permanent positions with competitive over award wages and conditions including 6 weeks annual leave and
generous superannuation. Modern accommodation will be available at subsidised rent.
Go to http://www.diamantina.qld.gov.au/employment-information to apply and
for more information on the positions.