Find something curious…
This position is based at picturesque Richmond, situated 500km west of Townsville on the banks of the Flinders River. The Shire of Richmond is approximately 26,000 square kilometres in the heart of Queensland. Richmond is a hive of activity during tourist season (April to October), and there are numerous weekend activities from sporting meets to dance balls to dinosaur fossil digs. A large recreational lake is used for water sports while the numerous park areas provide cool grassy spots to rest awhile. The surrounding region has all the beauty and dramatic landscapes of the outback.
The Position: Richmond Shire Council is seeking the services of a Qualified Mechanic/Diesel Fitter to assist the Council’s Workshop in performing effective and reliable services, maintenance and repair of Council’s vehicles, plant and equipment. The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills:
• Trade Certificate of Tradesperson’s Rights Certificate as an Engineering Tradesperson (Mechanical) Level I
• Drivers Licence current C class
• National White Card or Queensland Blue Workplace Health & Safety Construction Industry Certificate Card, or willingness and ability to obtain
• Broad mechanical knowledge
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience in the use of diagnostic equipment
• Demonstrated welding experience
• Truck Drivers Licence – up to current HC
• Plant Operator competency certificates
• Air-conditioning tickets Council housing available.
The Remuneration: Council will offer a wage of $32.7006 per hr plus applicable allowances. This rate includes an over and award payment. After the successful completion of the probationary period (3 months), Council’s 6% performance bonus will also apply. This is in accordance with the Richmond Shire Council – Certified Agreement 2018.
Further Information: The specific application documentation and Position Description for this vacancy can be found on Council’s employment webpage at www.richmond.qld.gov.au. For further information on this position or information about Richmond please contact Megan or Michelle on telephone (07) 4741 ... or Workshop Foreman on telephone (07) 4741 ... or email email@example.com or visit Council’s website www.richmond.qld.gov.au
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is: Open until filled.
Please send your application form along with your resume (including at least 2 referees) to:
Chief Executive Officer
Richmond Shire Council PO Box 18,
Richmond Q 4822
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org