Mouldy burger ruins woman's taste for McDonald's
KYLIE Medley still gets shivers down her spine when she thinks of the mould her friend found on a McDonald's burger.
The friends met at the McDonald's Bribie Interchange last week when one of the women found the mould on a grilled chicken Brissy burger.
The incident follows a similar issue in Deception Bay where a woman found raw chicken in her spicy mayo chicken wrap two weeks ago.
The green mould could have posed a health threat for the two women if they hadn't seen it in time.
"I'm allergic to penicillin, so if I had tried it, I would have been really sick," she said.
"And my friend has a really young baby, so she's still breast feeding."
Kylie took the burger back to the counter and filled out a report.
"My friend did end up getting her money back, but she wasn't happy," she said.
While the mother of four doesn't have McDonald's often, the incident has put her off even the small amount she does buy.
"Sometimes we get the kids a $2 meal, or something, but it's now put me off even that," she said.
A McDonald's spokesperson said the restaurant chain is disappointed about the incident, but said they did refund the meal and give a replacement.
"McDonald's takes food quality very seriously, and incidents such as these are rare," the spokesperson said.
"An investigation is currently underway with the restaurant; however after being made aware of the incident, the restaurant confirmed the issue was isolated and did not affect any other products."
A Metro North Hospital and Health Service spokesperson said residents can call 13432584 about any sort of food-borne illness, contamination of food, and food recalls.
"If people have concerns about a food product, or food business, they can make a complaint, or seek advice from the relevant government agency."