Fire leaves man, kids in danger of homelessness
A 32-YEAR-old man with Asperger's syndrome and his three children will have to live on the streets if they don't get help.
The shed fire in Maryborough on Pub Fest night last week turned out to be more serious than what it was reported.
Baden Braghetto, who practically lived in the shed, said it was engulfed in flames and the house was now unliveable as it received fire and smoke damage.
"My shed was my everything. It was my bedroom, my office and storage and all I have with me are a few clothes, bedding and kitchen stuff," Mr Braghetto said.
Mr Braghetto is currently living with his carer but is hoping someone will find his family a house soon.
"As it is, it's a full house. It's really pushing it, having us here. There are nine of us cramped in this house."
Mr Braghetto's mother, Gail Gillis, owns the damaged property and is worried for her family but is unable to help much.
"I've got a 95-year-old mother to care for, I can't take his kids with me as they are going to school and I live 500km away at Stanthorpe," Mrs Gillis said.
The family welcomes help in any way possible. To assist them, call 0413 190 586.