Ag-Grow Emerald Field Day's new face
AG-GROW should be a strongly social event this year, and event organiser Geoff Dein is intent on creating a new atmosphere.
Mr Dein said the fact the region was struggling was no secret, and Ag-Grow was no exception, but he was determined to buck the trend.
"As you know, we are going through tough times, and we're no different," he said.
"So having said that, I think we have 52 new exhibitors and we are roughly the same size as last year, so that'll give you an idea of how many people have gone broke… a lot of them.
"We're bringing in new products, new people and a new energy."
Mr Dein said having the Friday night drinks operating again should be a big drawcard for visitors and locals alike.
"One of the big features will be the bar on the Friday night, and the rodeo," he said.
"We've got more of a social angle on the field days than in the past, so it's not only a good opportunity to see new products and new items, but also to catch up.
"They've got the rodeo, they've got Ag-Grow, so it is a week that it's worth coming to Emerald."
He said the big-ticket fan favourites were ready to start.
Ag-Grow Events and Information:
- Ag-Grow QMIX Field Days open to the general public from 8am-5pm July 9, 10 and 11.
- Free entry for all school children and senior pensioners. High school students must present student ID.
- One-day admission $10, three-day admission $25, special guest pass $35.
- Premier Multi-Breed Beef Bull Sale starts on Friday, 10am.
- Working Cattle Dog Trials day one, Thursday 8am-4pm. Day two, Friday 9am-1pm followed by the Working Cattle Dog Sale from 1-5pm.
- Superior Horse Sale, Saturday. Workouts commence 8am followed by auction at 10am - 35 mares and fillies, 32 geldings.
- Central Highlands Colt Starting Challenge. Day one, Thursday morning session 9.30am-12pm, afternoon session 1-4pm. Day two, Friday morning session 9.30-11.30am, afternoon session 1-4pm
- Kids Playpen, all day every day. Face-painting, jumping castles, rock climbing wall and farm animals.
- Entertainment Square music, dancing, food.