THE Big Pineapple Music Festival will be back for a third year, moving across the road but still in sight of its namesake tourist attraction.
Music and marketing director Mark Pico said the festival would be held on Saturday, May 30, subject to council approval of the Woombye site opposite the heritage-listed pineapple.
The Big Pineapple owners suggested their alternative property as a solution to concerns about concert noise harming animals at nearby Queensland Zoo.
The new site - a large, natural amphitheatre adjacent to the Big Pineapple's bitumen car park on Nambour Connection Rd - would pose no noise threat to the animals or neighbouring properties, Mr Pico said.
He said building the festival area from scratch and making necessary site works would prove more costly than in past years, but the width of the property was better for crowd movement.
"It's a far better situation than it was," he said.
"It's a beautiful site. People are going to come to this one and go, 'Wow', and they'll come back."
Check out photos from the Big Pineapple Music Festival in 2014:
Mr Pico said the "$300,000 line-up" would be released on February 5 and have "something for everyone", with national and local artists performing on two stages.
He assured festival-goers the headline act was an Aria Award winner with No.1 albums to their credit and "one of the biggest acts in the country and much loved".
National radio broadcaster Triple J and the Daily are once again on board as sponsors of the festival, which is estimated to have brought $2 million into the local economy last year.
With the region losing the Tough Mudder obstacle-course event, the Big Pineapple Music Festival had the potential to bring thousands of visitors from all over the country to the region each year, Mr Pico said.
"I can tell you we've had hundreds of people getting in contact, asking when the festival is on so they can book plane tickets and arrange time off around the festival, which is very positive for tourism," he said.
"I could easily turn my back on this and say it's too much hard work and costs are over the top, but it's such an amazing thing for everybody."
Mr Pico hoped site works would start as soon as possible.
"We and the council are working overtime to make this happen, as we all realise the obvious tourism benefits and what an event like this brings to the region, especially having national broadcaster Triple J on board, who will be constantly mentioning the Sunshine Coast leading up to the festival," he said.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.