500 year old antique one item on sale for collectors
A JAPANESE war lord's musket dated between 400-500 years old could be yours tomorrow.
It's among an amazing array of antique weapons and bric-a-brac on offer at one auction in Mt Larcom.
Don Mahoney from Tuckerbox Auctions said large parts of the collection were rarely offered for sale and usually only seen in museums.
Some of the stand out items dated back to the 1700s. There are also eight Japanese swords brought back from Japan after the post-World War 2 occupation and Third Reich pieces brought back by diggers fighting in Europe.
Mr Mahoney is an identifier of antique firearms, a keen collector since 1973.
"Most of the antique weapons have come to Australia by our settlers, explorers and gold miners," he said. "A lot were also brought out by the Confederates after the fall of the south in the civil war."
Items to be auctioned can be viewed today from 2-6pm and tomorrow from 8-10am. The auction starts 10am at the Mt Larcom Regional Hall.
ANTIQUES ON OFFER
- A cased pair of English Flintlock Sea Captains pistols from the 1790s
- A Flintlock Arabic Jezail Musket dating back to the 1790s
- Japanese War Lord's musket 400-500 years old
- Brown Bess Flintlock musket used to guard our convicts
- Japanese swords
- Bowie knives, Scottish dirks
- Medals, badges, bayonets, hats and helmets from the Boar War and the two world wars.