Queensland Ambulance Service was called to an Agnes Water residence this morning to assist a woman who reported getting battery acid in her eyes.
Queensland Ambulance Service was called to an Agnes Water residence this morning to assist a woman who reported getting battery acid in her eyes.

Battery acid scare for woman at Agnes Water

A WOMAN required medical assistance this morning after she reported getting battery acid in her eyes at Agnes Water.

Queensland Ambulance Service officers were called to a residence about 8.15am.

A QAS spokesman said nothing had exploded but the woman in her 20s was concerned that she had wiped battery acid in her eyes.

She was taken to a local GP for further treatment.


CQ shire’s hi-tech solution to illegal dumping

Premium Content CQ shire’s hi-tech solution to illegal dumping

The upgrades aim to reduce illegal dumping and costs for the council.

Region’s ‘disturbing’ health habits are getting worse

Premium Content Region’s ‘disturbing’ health habits are getting worse

Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday residents are fatter, more sunburnt and heavier...

Australian-first tyre recycling scheme coming to CQ

Premium Content Australian-first tyre recycling scheme coming to CQ

The “absolutely incredible” plant will employ about 20 workers when it is complete...