BBQ gone wrong sets car alight

IT WAS a summer barbecue gone wrong when a Tooloa resident who could not light heat beads tried to light them with fuel last night.

A Queensland Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said they were called to the Barramundi St house at around 7.15pm to find a car and a house alight.

A police spokesperson said the man recieved burns to his hands.

The QFRS spokesperson said although the heat beads were not alight they had enough heat in them to light the fuel can which the resident then kicked down thr driveway to get it away from the house.

The can rolled underneath a four-wheel drive in the driveway causing it to catch fire. The QFRS spokesperson said there was extensive damage caused to the car.

The fire spread to a garden bed and the house next door and the QFRS spokesperson said there was superficial damage to the structure of the house.

Topics:  barbecue fuel queensland fire and rescue

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Blackwell looks forward

BATTING FOR GLORY: Alex Blackwell is hanging up her international cricket garb.

Alex Blackwell is hanging up her international cricket garb.

Galloping around our region

TOP RESULT: Connections of the Glenda Bell-trained Ossenhagen at Springsure.

Hear the latest race news around the region with Richard Turnbull.

A family fun day for all

GET INVOLVED: This year's St Joseph's family fun day will have a range of unique activities for all ages.

Support St Joseph's in Clermont at their annual Family Fun Day.

Local Partners