Owner distraught after fire guts Kuttabul home
UPDATE: A MAN has been left with nothing but his boat and the clothes on this back after a suspected electrical fire razed his home in Kuttabul this morning.
The high-set Queenslander at the back of the Kuttabul Hotel on the Bruce Highway caught fire just before 8.30am on Saturday
Sergeant Marshall Roper from Marian Police Station said initial investigations reveal it could have been an electrical fire that started from the bottom of the house.
Sgt Roper said the fire was called in by a woman who lived across the road, but by the time firies arrived it was too late.
The owner of the home was too distraught to speak to the Daily Mercury.
He said he had lost everything except his boat.
A FIRE has gutted a home west of Mackay this morning.
Emergency services have been called to a home on the Bruce Highway in Kuttabul, where a house has been destroyed in a fire.
It is understood the fire occurred about 8.30am on Saturday.
The home is south of the Kuttabul Hotel.