NSW emergency services have issued a snake warning after the death of a young girl who was bitten by a brown snake.
The six-year-old girl was bitten at a property near Walgett, in the state's north-west, on February 5 at 3:00pm
She was taken to Walgett Hospital where she was administered anti-venom and was later flown to Sydney Children's Hospital in a critical condition, where she was placed on life support.
Her condition deteriorated and she was transferred back to Walgett Hospital where she died on Saturday.
Western NSW Local Health District northern sector general manager Joy Adams said appropriate treatment and care was provided before transferring the girl to Sydney.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.