Capricorn Enterprise puts seven projects on priority list
REALISTIC, achievable and selected for their potential economic benefit for the regional community.
That is how Capricorn Enterprise CEO Mary Carroll describes the seven new priority projects identified by her organisation and endorsed by business, industry and political leaders as crucial to Rockhampton's future prosperity.
"We recognise that there has been very broad support across the political spectrum for the Queensland Plan aim to support population and economic growth outside the south-east corner over the next 30 years," Ms Carroll said.
"To that end, one of our priorities is to seek the relocation of state and federal government departments to the Rockhampton region.
"We believe the region has huge potential for a prosperous future but development just doesn't happen. It has to be worked for, planned for, lobbied for and promoted."
- Convention centre and stadium
- Revitalisation of the Yeppoon foreshore and the Rockhampton riverbank
- Relocation of state and federal government departments to the region
- Development of the region as a food bowl
- Promotion of the region as a health hub
- Development of Rockhampton Regional Airport as an international airport
- Implementation of the Capricorn Destination Tourism Plan