YEMEN'S al-Qaeda branch has claimed responsibility for last week's deadly attack on French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
Nasr al-Ansi, al-Qaeda's commander in the Arabian Peninsula, said in an 11-minute video posted on the group's Twitter account on Wednesday night that the attack was revenge for the Prophet.
Al-Ansi said the group chose the target, laid out the plan and financed the operation.
He said the radical Yemeni-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki had arranged the attack.
He vowed more attacks would take place across the Western world.
Al-Awlaki was killed in a US drone strike in September, 2011.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.