THE LNP has dubbed the child safety system "in crisis" after the minister launched disciplinary action against 12 Caboolture child safety centre workers.
Opposition Leader Tim Nicholls said the fact so many people had been referred to the Ethical Standards Unit and the North Coast region was being split in two showed the system was broken.
"Those are systemic problems, they are signs of a system in crisis," he said.
"It's ridiculous to claim the system isn't in crisis when … the report seems to show there are such grievous problems in the system."
He said Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman was "blaming staff" and should resign as minister.
"Shannon Fentiman hasn't acted proactive to resolve issues since the death of poor Mason Jet Lee five and half months ago," he said.
"The only reason she's acting is because she knows that she is under the pump for her failure to act and because these reports are now becoming available."
Child safety staff "stood down" over Mason Jet Lee case
BREAKING: Three Caboolture child safety officers have been stood down and nine more referred to the Ethical Standards Unit over how the centre handled Mason Jet Lee's case before the toddler died.
Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman announced on Wednesday the North Coast child safety region will be split into two to "strengthen supervision".
Ms Fentiman said an internal review into the office's handling of the Mason Lee's death did not find "systemic" issues in the child safety system.
"I want to be very clear that this report makes no findings about systemic failures across the department. But it does make very clear serious local flaws at the Caboolture child safety service centre and serious decisions made by staff that have had an impact on this case," she said.
Ms Fentiman said the review found staff may have "breached legislation, standards, codes and procedures" in handling Mason Lee's case.
Mason Lee died had allegedly suffered a number of injuries including a ruptured bowel, which caused his death.
Ms Fentiman said she was briefed on the review on Tuesday. It has been delivered to the police, the coroner and the independent Child Death Case Review Panel. The final CDCR report will be released in full when completed in January.
The three Caboolture staff who have been stood down include a child safety officer, a team leader and the manager of the centre. They have been stood down with pay until the ECU finalises its investigation.
Ms Fentiman said the 12 staff include all centre staff who dealt with Mason before his death.
Prior to Ms Fentiman announcing the changes Shadow Child Safety Minister Ros Bates called on the government to immediately release the review.
"Queenslanders have lost confidence in the state's child protection system and hiding these secret internal reviews will shatter the little trust that is left in the system," she said.
"If the Minister won't release the reviews then Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk needs to step in and order their release, but Queenslanders shouldn't hold their breath on that."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.