Council’s $1.39 million development wishlist
SPORTING facilities, generators, paint jobs and renovations are at the core of Isaac Regional Council’s development wishlist as the region battles against an economic and health crisis.
The council is fighting for $1.39 million in state funding for nine shovel-ready proposals.
Earlier this month councillors voted to submit the projects to access funding in the 2020-21 COVID Works for Queensland Program.
Among the major development proposals was a push for $370,000 for AFL lighting at Moranbah, $315,000 to fix the toilets at the Clermont netball courts and a $261,000 upgrade to the Nebo Showgrounds.
1. Nebo – Showgrounds amenities block $261,173
2. St Lawrence Cemetery – Shade and memorial wall $74,894
3. Moranbah – AFL lighting $370,000
4. Clermont – Netball toilets $315,000
5. Coastal Halls – External upgrades and painting $97,000
6. Glenden – Lions Park renewal play equip and softfall $87,608
7. Clairview – Amenities block backup generator $15,352
8. Dysart – Town entrance statement $80,192
9. Middlemount – Tennis courts lighting and switchboard upgrade $88,781