Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


Two injured from crash on Peak Downs Hwy

Premium Content Two injured from crash on Peak Downs Hwy

Emergency services were called to the crash just after 2.30pm.

‘Above and beyond’: CQ man  recognised in global awards

Premium Content ‘Above and beyond’: CQ man recognised in global awards

“Not only do we work hard in a remote location and give back to the community, but...

Alleged high range drink driver busted near CQ maccas

Premium Content Alleged high range drink driver busted near CQ maccas

The 28-year-old Central Queensland driver will face court next month.