HAS a child you know said something cute, funny or unusual that's put a smile on your face? Leave a comment below to tell us about it, and check out the funny things our Facebook friends have to say:
- Carmen Franz: My three-year-old was playing at the school playground with another little girl who ran off to talk to her mum, Chloe said guess what, and has a mum too!
- Chewie Bec Ridge: This week my son wanted his baby sister to have a bubble bath with him, when I put her in he said "Oh, she is joining me in my bath, how delightful".
- Theresa N Steve Peebles: My brother went to the school tuck shop and asked for an orange ice block and was told they didn't have any. He politely asked what they had and was told, raspberry, lime, cola, pineapple and lemonade flavours. After what was more than 30 seconds deliberating he then piped up "mmmmm ok I will have an orange one please".
- Karen Behrendorff: Definitely one of the most beautiful things my six-year-old grandson said to me was "Nanny Karen ... you know when you wake up in the morning and hear the birds singing?... does it make you feel fresh and happy? " When I told him yes it does darling ... His reply " I'm so glad it makes you feel fresh and happy too ... like me " xo. Oh and I certainly have to share this one too.... " I am never coming to your house again Nanny Karen, and I'm not playing Xbox games with you ever again" ... Reason for this being said ? Big bad Nanny Karen turned the Xbox off too soon !!! LOL xo .... all sorted but .... we've since played xo.
- Tehlia Tom O'Shea: I was giving my nearly two-year-old gingerbread man biscuit, and the head snapped off when I was getting it out of the packet, so I gave him that to eat while I got the body out more carefully then I did the first time, without taking a bite of the head, he simply put out his hand and said "Um.. The rest?!"
- Donna Keech: My little Miss grade 2 (who didn't have a day off school all last year) says "I love being back at school Mum but the only problem is the weekend!" I was thinking wow she wants a longer weekend like the rest of us... Nope she follows with "Yeah it's only two days, why can't we go to school EVERY DAY!" Sometimes I wonder if she's my child.
- Shannon Kearney: My 2yr old asked me the other night while looking at the moon, if he could "get it" i said its too far away but you could try. He ran down the driveway jumping in the air with his hands raised.
- Krystle Mulder: One hot night I went and sat outside in the cool and my son comes out and he goes "oh no its gone ,where is it ? The sun is gone ". LOL.
- Leanne Parsons: My dad, a church pastor and my mum came to visit their granddaughter, Miss 3. Sitting down at dinner grandma talks about all the things Miss 3 could be when she grows up - maybe a nurse, a teacher or a police officer. Finally grandma asks "what would you like to be when you grow up honey? ". Miss 3 considers carefully and then blurts out "A LESBIAN!". That made for interesting dinner conversation...
- Zoie-Alishia Soley: My two-year-old came running out of his room shouting "Fire mummy fire!" I ran into his room in a panic but there was no fire. I asked him where is the fire? He responded "Fire mummy (pointing) ... Daddy put a fire in my room!" He was pointing to the humidifier in the corner of his room that daddy had put in the the night before. We have since taught him how to say HUM-IDI-FIER!
- Erin Larsen: My Mr 5 piped up at the dinner table and said "Guess what! I know what Garlic is!" We all weren't expecting it when he said "They are on Dr Who!" Hahahaha!!! That's my boy!
- Ron Butlin: My three-year-old daughter calls a helicopter a wokka wokka.
- Danielle Amber Flissinger: Adult: "That rain came out of no where!" Child: *rolls eyes* "it came out of the clouds, silly."
- Peeta-ley Bickley: My Mr nearly 4 is currently calling everyone darling... Even his nanna.
- Nichola Lister: Went to put master four in the shower. "Mum can you use the Thomas champagne tonight?" I asked him to clarify... "Mum when you wash my hair can you use the Thomas champagne?" Mmmmmm you mean shampoo!
- Deborah Christensen: When it first started raining and the smell of the fresh rain hitting ground came through the door, we went outside and my son said "it smells like the earth is breathing"
- Maximilian Fleet: Q: What's the best thing about Prep? A: Holidays.
- Jacqui Ridge: When our son was young, many moons ago, he couldn't call trucks 'trucks' he used 'F' instead of 'Tr' so no matter where we were he would very loudly point out and name the F#@ks. When he was in hospital and the nurse brought him a picture truck book to look at I nearly fainted.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.