THE last child to escape a house fire at Mt Morgan this morning is recovering in hospital after suffering smoke burns to her throat.
The 11-year-old’s mother, Michelle Holohan, was by her side this morning before returning to their burnt home.
“She’s okay now, we’re just lucky everyone got out of the house alive,” Michelle said, still shaken up from the overnight blaze.
Michelle and her wheelchair-bound husband, Jason, along with their six children and two of their friends were lucky to escape the fire.
The Gordon Street house was engulfed in flames when fire crews arrived after 3am.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.