Final Ford Falcon GT to be produced has been revealed
SOME Blue Oval fans might be disappointed with the look, but the final Falcon GT to ever be produced is hiding a secret weapon.
While Ford fans expressed their unhappiness that the external design had little differentiation from the current model on social media after today's unveiling, it was revealed the GT-F is packing some unofficial punch.
In the right conditions, the 5.0-litre Boss V8 can achieve as much as 404kW about 630Nm for a limited time on overboost function.
The official figures have maximum power of 351kW and peak torque at 570Nm as they can be achieved "all the time" in any Australian conditions. Software programs regulate when the overboost is available to avoid engine damage.
All 500 of the FPV GT-F sedans built for the Australian market, each one individually numbered, have been sold.
The GT-F sedan had a list price $77,990.
Developed to pay homage to the 351-cubic-inch-5.8-litre V8 Falcon GTs of the early 1970s, which made the model so iconic on the race tracks and streets of Australia, the GT-F sedan is the most powerful Falcon GT ever produced by Ford's Broadmeadows plant.
The GT-F 351 has a stripe design package and will be available in five colours, white, blue, black, orange and dark grey.
FPV GT-F features:
- Boss 5.0-litre, supercharged DOHC 32 valve all-aluminium V8 engine
- Maximum power 351kW, maximum torque 570Nm
- R-SPEC suspension - retuned dampers, increased spring rate, reinforced lower control arm, bulked up anti-roll bar and revised rear toe setting
- Brembo six-piston brake calipers (front) with Brembo four-piston brake calipers (rear)
- Performance leather sports seats with suede inserts and embroidered GT logo
- 19" x 8" alloy wheels (front) fitted with 245/35 XL R19 93Y Dunlop Sport Maxx tyre
- 19" x 9" wheels (rear) fitted with 275/30 XL R19 96Y Dunlop Sports Maxx tyres Human Machine Interface (HMI) with Interior Command Centre (ICC) featuring premium audio system, 8-inch colour touch screen, Bluetooth mobile phone integration, iPod and USB integration
- Satellite navigation with Suna Traffic Message Channel
- Launch control
- Reverse camera with reverse sensing system
- Bi-modal twin pipe quad outlet active exhaust system
- New limited edition GT F badged satin chrome manual gear knob cover
- Unique ICC gauges:
- Boost, engine temp, oil temp, G-force (automatic)
- Boost, engine temp, voltage, G-force (manual)