Family loses everything in house blaze

Fire has completely gutted a family's home at Pittsworth.
Fire has completely gutted a family's home at Pittsworth. Nev Madsen

UPDATE: A Pittsworth family has lost everything in a house fire.

Emergency services were called to the Tews Rd property, north of Pittsworth at Springside, at 9.40am.

Resident David Anderson was resting at home after an early morning work shift when he heard an explosion.

He tried valiantly to put flames out in the kitchen but they took hold and he had to remain outside.

Fire crews also did their best but only a charred shell remained by the time the flames were extinguished.

Mr Anderson's wife Tanya and their two sons were not home when the fire started.

Police are not regarding the cause as suspicious.

10.30AM: Firefighters are battling a house fire south of Toowoomba, with strong winds hampering their efforts.

The fire, which was reported about 9.50am, is located just north of Pittsworth.

The house was engulfed in flames when Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crews arrived on scene.

Rural firefighting crews have been called to the incident to protect nearby crops.

The home's occupant is believed to have been out of the house when emergency services arrived.


Creating support links

Creating support links

Emerald woman starts depression/anxiety support group.

Bush adventures kids will love

Bush adventures kids will love

Local author inspires big rural dreams.

What can you do?

What can you do?

Chance to learn life-saving skills.

Local Partners