Five arrested in Gold Coast raid on Highway 61 bikies
FIVE more people have been charged as part of Taskforce Maxima's tough stance on crime by outlaw motor cycle gangs across the state.
This morning detectives from Taskforce Maxima, with the assistance of Gold Coast Rapid Action and Patrols members, executed a search warrant at a Paradise Point address.
The search warrant formed part of Taskforce Maxima's Operation North Veneno, targeting members of Highway 61 OMCG allegedly involved in drug trafficking and property offences.
During the raid, police located a number of men and women as well as a stolen motor vehicle, a small quantity of dangerous drugs and equipment.
"Today's raid is further evidence of OMCG members allegedly continuing to engage in criminal activities within the community," Detective Stevens of Task Force Maxima said.
Five people were charged in the raids, including:
- A 43-year-old man charged with possession of dangerous drugs and possess utensils.
- A 29-year-old man allegedly located in possession of cannabis and charged with possess dangerous drug.
- A 23-year-old woman charged with breach of bail and unlawful use of a motor vehicle.
- A 43-year-old woman charged with possession of dangerous drugs and possess utensil.
- A 27-year-old man charged regarding fail to appear warrants.
- A 40-year-old man charged with possess utensil.