1. Lonely Boy - The Black Keys: It was supposed to star both members of the band and a team of dancers, but one look at Derrick Tuggle was all it took to convince everyone that he was their man.
"It was supposed to be me and six other people, and we were all supposed to dance and lip sync to the song," he told Ellen DeGeneres. "The director and the Black Keys decided, I'm the star of this video."
Got that right.
2. Yonkers - Tyler, the Creator: He and his OFWGKTA crew were banned from the New Zealand leg of the Big Day Out, but expect Yonkers to get a rowdy reception at the Los Angeles rap group's Powerstation show in January. With 33 million views on YouTube, it's a classic. (The video is here, but contains explicit content.)
3. Underneath the Shade - Homebrew: New Zealand hip-hop crew Homebrew combined with local artiste Chris Graham for a slacker apocolypse masterpiece featuring some good old crate bottles.
Watch for that nicely timed twist ending too.
4. Curl of the Burl - Mastodon: The grizzly metallers released the hard rock album of the year in The Hunter, their most straight-forward album yet. This video, best described as drug-fuelled hillbilly mayhem, fits the song perfectly.
5. Lotus Flower - Radiohead: Five minutes of Thom Yorke dancing sounds bad, right? But the Radiohead front man's wacky moves are nothing short of entrancing - so start practicing them for your next office party.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.