Forum to help get foot in door
ARE you a professional entertainer or an up-and-coming singer, songwriter, musician, or in music management and wanting to enter the music industry?
If so, head to the Music Industry Forum at this year’s Gympie Muster, presented by the Gympie Songwriters, this Saturday in the Outback Venue from 4.45pm-6.15pm.
The forum is available to the general public, all musicians, singer/songwriters, young and old, interested in finding the answers from experienced music industry personnel.
The forum panel is made up of a cross section of music industry greats, professional musicians and songwriters, including:
- Greg Shaw (Chairperson): Originator/manager of Shaw Thing management managed Keith Urban until he had his first number 1 US success, as well as Rusty and the Ayres Rockettes.
- John Bromell (Gympie Songwriters president): Former drummer in ’60s group The Cicadas and went on to join The Gibson in England. John has received numerous music industry awards and helped make a name for acts including Midnight Oil, Lee Kernaghan and Troy Casser-Daly.
- Gayle Madill: Gayle was instrumental in promoting the Gympie Muster to the huge success it is today. She is the publisher of a successful country music magazine.
- Phil Emmanuel: Premier guitarist along with his brother Tommy since the ’70s. Phil has been in numerous successful bands. At present, you will find Phil on the touring circuit.
- Greg Dodge: A Brisbane promoter always working to help young artists reach their goals.
- Rob Brock: Former country/folk recording artist with Larrikan Music, Rob is now teaching at Nambour TAFE.
- Roger Faynes: Present leader of the group Road Train and previously worked in Kue de Tah and Masters Apprentices.
- APRA: A representative from the Performance Society will discuss collecting royalties from live gigs, radio, television and major concerts.
- Emma Barlow: Native of Gympie and member of Gympie Songwriters, Emma recently moved to Sydney to try her success in the music industry, performing and teaching. Emma’s hard work and dedication has started to pay off, with her own band Emma Barlow & The Blackbirds.
- Vanessa Lee: Coffs Harbour singer with the group Road Train. Starmaker finalist and constant performer working across New South Wales promoting her latest album Cause & Effect.
The Music Industry Forum has free entry once you are at the Muster. Visit www.muster.com for more information.