Generator fumes send Sunshine Coast pair to hospital

AS the destructive winds and rain of ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie lashed the Sunshine Coast, two people were rushed to hospital after being overwhelmed by fumes from their power generator.

An ambulance was called at 6.54pm.

The two are now in a stable condition at Nambour Hospital.

It comes as about 80,000 Energex customers throughout south-east Queensland were left without power overnight as the giant storm cell ravaged the region.

Earlier this week, Energy Minister Mark Bailey said it may take days before power is returned.

Those using generators needed to be aware of the risks posed by carbon monoxide poisoning, fire and electrocution.

He said generators should never be used inside, including in ­garages, carports, basements, crawlspaces or any area that was at all enclosed.

Topics:  cyclone debbie storm sunshine coast weather

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

A family fun day for all

GET INVOLVED: This year's St Joseph's family fun day will have a range of unique activities for all ages.

Support St Joseph's in Clermont at their annual Family Fun Day.

Blackwell comes to CH

IN TOWN: Aussie cricketer Alex Blackwell will be   a   speaker at Emerald's Epic Street Party on March 22.

Alex Blackwell will be a guest speaker in Emerald next week.

Step back for local graziers

DISAPPOINTED AND DISGUSTED: Member for Gregory Lachlan Millar and farmer/grazier Ian Sampson.

Proposed legislation raises ire on local farms.

Local Partners