Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.


Traffic impacted as Dawson Highway roadworks begin

Premium Content Traffic impacted as Dawson Highway roadworks begin

Work will be done daily between 6am to 6pm until late October.

Livestock exchange broadens services in western QLD

Premium Content Livestock exchange broadens services in western QLD

Organic cattle producers will now have a route to market through central western...

Tech game changer for underground longwall mines

Premium Content Tech game changer for underground longwall mines

The wireless device was produced in Mackay and the company is already planning to...