Smoke billows from Emerald home in late night incident
UPDATE 2.50PM: A fire in the ceiling of an Emerald home Sunday night sparked a major emergency response.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said fire crews were called to the Harris Street home at 8.15pm and were on scene within 10 minutes.
She said two crews attended and when they arrived, the home owner had managed to escape the property and was in the hands of QAS.
She said there was a lot of smoke in the house and QFES crews investigated the ceiling where the blaze appeared to be located.
After ventilating the property and making the scene safe, the home was handed back over to the property owner at 9.20pm and crews left the scene at 9.40pm.
INITIAL: Paramedics assessed one uninjured female following a house fire on Harris Street, Emerald at 8.19pm Sunday. Transport to hospital was not required.
Paramedics remained on scene for QFES.