'House of horrors' murder accused given bail

A WOMAN accused of trying to kill her grandchildren has been granted bail - but she won't be getting out of prison just yet.

The 58-year-old woman, who cannot be named so as to not identify the children, had two bail addresses rejected.

She is facing six charges including attempted murder an interfering with a corpse.

The first address, where she had been living before being arrested, was rejected after the residents said they did not want her back.

While the second was rejected as the magistrate was not comfortable with the woman having contact with children.

The court heard the woman has been accused of attempting to smother children, attempting to try and light a fire while two children were locked inside a  room, and moving a baby's corpse.

She was granted bail - on the condition she report to police seven days a week, and not have contact with children under 18 or with any witnesses in the case.

Magistrate Bernadette Callaghan said she did not consider the woman to be a flight risk and did not believe she would offend while out on bail.

- APN NEWSDESK
 


Skate park the place to be

Skate park the place to be

Emerald Skate Mates free clinics draw in the crowds.

BnS Ball raises $10,000

BnS Ball raises $10,000

Organisers heap praise on crowd.

Breakfast at Tiffany's in Comet

Breakfast at Tiffany's in Comet

Blackdown Seniors dressed up Monday for for a brunch at Comet Rest.

Local Partners