THE DAY has finally come with Sir Elton John touching down in Mackay today for the "Once in a Lifetime" tour at BB Print Stadium.
Elton's Once In A Lifetime concert is the biggest event in history to be hosted at the Mackay stadium. Services will be running at capacity so be patient and kind so everyone has a good time.
To ensure all of Elton's fans are prepared for the concert, official ticketing agency Moshtix are encouraging ticket holders to print their tickets now.
If you can't find your original email or are having difficulty printing, you can reprint your tickets by following these steps:
- Log into your account on the designated Elton John ticketing site here.
- Click on 'My Account' link
- Select 'Order History' on the left hand menu
- Select Forward/Reprint on your Elton John order number and resend them to your email address
- Open the attachment up and print them out to bring with you on Friday.
After following the above process, if you experience issues printing your tickets, please don't hesitate to contact ticket support via Moshtix's support page prior to midday Thursday 21 September.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE THE CONCERT
When: Friday, September 22
Where: BB Print Stadium, 2 Casey Ave, South Mackay
Opening times: Box Office opens at 4pm, GA Standing Hill gates open at 5pm and Reserves Seating Gates open at 5.30pm.
Pre-Entertainment: Busby Marou perform at 7pm
Concert start: Elton John begins his concert at 8pm with an approximate finish of 10pm.
Box Office: The Box Office is located approximately 20m from Gate 2 Bridge Rd, adjacently, on Casey Ave.
Cloakroom Facilities: The Cloakroom is located between Gates 1 and Gate 2.
Security Measures: Updated security measures mean there's new conditions which apply to what bag sizes will be allowed into the concert. Consider bringing only what fits in your pockets, but if not, take the time to check the new measurements and ensure your bag complies. Any bag larger than the allowed size, and/or any prohibited items, will need to be cloaked (which may involve long queues and delay your entry into the concert). For your safety, security guards, RSA Marshals and police will be on site. Please be aware that the following patrons may be denied entry to the event:
- Any person deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Any person who does not comply with a request to conduct a bag search or security check
- Any person who does not comply with a request from any authorised person including the organiser/promoter, venue staff, security, or regulatory bodies
- Any person holding a ticket deemed to be tampered with or unauthorised
- No unauthorised/unlicensed vendors allowed
Food & Beverages: This is a licensed event and there will be a large range of food and beverages available. Food and Beverage stalls are CASH-ONLY (no eftpos). Proof of age photo ID is required to purchase or consume alcohol, and service will not be provided to patrons who are under 18 years of age or intoxicated. The venue reserves the right to deny entry to and/or evict intoxicated patrons or under-age patrons found with alcohol. No alcohol can be removed from BB Print Stadium.
ATM/Cash: ATMs on-site, however in the event of systems-failure and/or expiry, patrons are encouraged to bring enough cash for the concert's duration.
Elton John Tour Merchandise: From Beer Coolers to T-shirts, sold exclusively at the concert, priced from $15 -$50. Eftpos accepted.
Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the venue except designated smoking areas.
First Aid: Located under the grandstand. Please alert event staff if you require assistance.
Weather: The concert will proceed rain or shine. Only exceptionally severe weather conditions will affect the performance so be prepared for either scenario. Umbrellas are not permitted in the venue, so bring a raincoat or poncho if inclement weather is predicted. The current forecast is for partly cloudy conditions, with a high of 28 and a low of 15.
Getting To & From The Concert Important Information
Vehicle access to the concert precinct will be restricted to only those authorised. Because the local road network surrounding the stadium will be subject to changed traffic conditions, including road closures, and to avoid congestion, we strongly recommend all patrons:
- Allow plenty of travel time
- Consider public transport options and take advantage of the FREE Park-&-Ride shuttle service
- Take note of drop off/pick up locations and the walking distance thereafter
- Park legally and considerately
FREE Park-&-Ride SHUTTLE SERVICE (the closest stadium drop off):
Running at regular intervals on show day, FREE buses will transfer patrons to the stadium between 4 - 7:30PM, returning at the concert's conclusion, to and from the following locations:
- Caneland Central Shopping Centre, Matsuura Drive Bus Stop
- MECC, Alfred Street Bus Stop
- Nebo Road, Coral Cay Resort Bus Stop
- Mackay Turf Club, Ooralea (no highway pickup, car park only)
- Mount Pleasant Shopping Centre, Malcomson Street Bus Stop
- Northern Beaches Central Shopping Centre, Mackay-Bucasia Road Bus Stop (near Bowls Club)
Taxis/limousines: Designated Drop off/Pick up point located at the corner of Bridge Road and Lamb Street (then an approx 10min walk to the stadium).
Public Drop Off/pick Up Location: Lamb Street is the only designated pick up and drop off point available to private vehicles (and is then an approx 10min walk to the stadium). Patrons are encouraged to use the FREE Park-&-Ride shuttle service, which is the closest vehicle drop-off at the stadium.
Parking: No parking is available in the immediate concert/stadium precinct. Limited paid car parking, until full, is available from 5PM in Harrup Park via Lamb Street, and on the Mackay Vigoro Fields via Juliet Street. A small fee shall apply, payable on site.
Mobility Impaired/special Needs Parking & Access: Exclusive to patrons presenting a valid Disability Parking Permit and corresponding authorised concert ticket, vehicle access and parking is available: driving from the Milton St end of Bridge Rd, turning into Leisure Ct/St, then into Casey Ave. Patrons with Mobility Impairment should enter the stadium at Gate 1, Casey Ave.
Changed Traffic Conditions & Road Closures: Vehicle access to the concert/stadium precinct will be severely restricted and accessible to authorised vehicles only.
- Casey Avenue closed from 12PM
- Bridge Road closed (between Milton & Lamb Sts) from 4PM
- Juliet Street (between Black St & Casey Ave) restricted from 4PM
"Getting To & From" Info & Enquiries: mackay.qld.gov.au or 1300 622 529
What To Take
- Concert tickets
- Valid photo ID
- Jacket or poncho for inclement weather. Umbrellas will not be permitted.
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are permitted. Professional cameras with detachable lenses and all video recording devices are not permitted.
- Please remember that there are limited ATM facilities at the venue, so come prepared with enough cash for the evening
What not to take/prohibited Items
Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
- Glass (jars, bottles, containers, mirrors and perfumes)
- Air horns
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles)
- Illegal substances
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs)
- Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers, explosives, or any fire twirling equipment
- Fires and open flames
- Flammable liquids
- Advanced personal vapourisers (or modified APVs) or liquid refills for E-Cigarettes
- Sound systems
- Portable laser equipment and pens
- Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens
- Drones or other remote-control devices
- Couches and chairs
- Anything studded (i.e. belts, wristbands etc.)
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar)
- Professional photography equipment (e.g. telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by event staff to be professional photography equipment)
- Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks)
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles
- Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, or other promotional items
- Any other item deemed to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Event organisers (in their discretion)
- Eskies and coolers
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.