ISAAC Regional Council is giving away 5,000 free tap timers to help residents save water.
Chief executive officer Rod Ferguson said soon saving water will save you money in the Isaac region.
"Council must put in place a user pays model for water from 1 July 2016," Mr Ferguson said.
"To help residents prepare, Council is giving Isaac residents the chance to get a free tap timer.
"We know outside is where we use most of our water, so a tap timer is a great way to start saving water in the garden.
"Our 'Save Water, Save Money' campaign provides tips and tools for residents," he said.
To claim your free tap timer* visit your local Isaac Regional Council Office.
*Please note you must show proof of address to confirm you live in the Isaac region. Limited to one tap timer per household until stocks run out.
Where you can pick up your free timer (limited available):
- Clermont Office, Cnr Karmoo and Daintree Streets
- Dysart Office, Shannon Crescent
- Glenden Office, Ewan Drive
- Middlemount Office, Shopping Centre
- Moranbah Office, Grosvenor Complex, Batchelor Parade
- Nebo Office, 10 Reynolds Street
- St Lawrence, 36 Macartney Street
Ten ways to save on water:
1. Take a shower instead of a bath
2. Plug the sink while you shave
3. Install a dual flush toilet
4. Water plants, not paths or driveways
5. Only water in the morning or evening
6. Fit a water-saving shower head
7. Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth
8. Only run your dishwasher or washing machine when it's full
9. Use a bucket to wash the car
10. Wash the car on the lawn
For details visit www.isaac.qld.gov.au/savewatersavemoney
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.