Menu
News

Toddler burnt in battery acid spill

A CHILD has been transported to hospital after sitting in battery acid.

Emergency services responded to the incident about 8am this morning on Helen St, Pittsworth.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesperson said a roadworks sign had upended in a trailer where there were batteries, and the acid leaked out into the gutter.

A 14-month old boy is believed to have sat in the acid, sustaining minor injuries.

He was transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

 

Topics:  editors picks queensland ambulance service toowoomba hospital


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Race day to help locked out miners

No Caption

Moranbah race day held to help raise funds for locked out miners.

On the verge of history

Brooks Pleasure, won Race 1 at Callaghan Park.

Brook's Pleasure is making history at Callaghan Park.

Extend Valentine's this year

HAPPY VALENTINES: The Emerald Outside School Hours Care is holding a Valentine's Ball tomorrow night.

Support local organisations through this years' valentine's ball.

Local Partners