UPDATE 9.15am: THE 33-year-old Casino man injured in yesterday's explosion, Nathan Kliendienst, 33, died in hospital overnight, police have confirmed.
The man's family have been notified.
More details to come.
ORIGINAL: A CASINO man is fighting for his life in Royal Brisbane Hospital with burns to 80% of his body after a gas bottle exploded in his caravan yesterday.
Lismore police Inspector Matt Kehoe said police, paramedics and NSW Fire and Rescue were called to Casino's Glen Villa Resort in Johnston St about 11.20 am after reports of an explosion.
"On arrival they located a 33-year-old male from Casino who had suffered extensive burns," he said.
"It's believed a gas bottle had exploded inside the man's caravan."
It is understood the man suffered severe burns to his face and most of his body.
Insp Kehoe said while paramedics treated the man at the scene, the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter took him to hospital.
The area was preserved with the assistance of NSW Fire and Rescue and paramedics for further investigation.
The man was airlifted by the rescue helicopter in a critical condition, Insp Kehoe said, to the Brisbane hospital's burns unit.
"Detectives and forensic services police attended and our investigation is ongoing," he said.
"We don't have any evidence to suggest the cause of the explosion was suspicious".
Insp Kehoe said the man's family, who live at Casino, had been notified.
The explosion prompted Insp Kehoe to warn people of the dangers of using gas.
"Do be careful and wherever possible don't use gas bottles in confined spaces because this sort of accident can happen."
Anyone with any information about the explosion is urged to call Casino police on 6662 0099 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.