‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.


BREAKING: Workers to re-enter evacuated CQ mine today

premium_icon BREAKING: Workers to re-enter evacuated CQ mine today

The mining company has given an update on re-entry

A new online era: More for you every day of the week

A new online era: More for you every day of the week

We’ve been telling the stories of our town for decades.

Volunteer raises thousands for animals in need

premium_icon Volunteer raises thousands for animals in need

A Cental Queensland pet rescue organisation has received close to $15,000 from...