Man injured in house fire after barbecue explosion

A MAN was taken to the Toowoomba Hospital with serious burns to his arms and throat after a barbecue exploded in a home at Wilsonton last night. 

Emergency services said the fire started at midnight at a residence in Barlow St, Wilsonton, after a barbeque exploded. 

The two-storey house was well involved when crews arrived on scene. 

All persons were accounted for and only the top floor was damaged. 

The fire is still under investigation. 

Topics:  fire house fire toowoomba

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Blackwell looks forward

BATTING FOR GLORY: Alex Blackwell is hanging up her international cricket garb.

Alex Blackwell is hanging up her international cricket garb.

Galloping around our region

TOP RESULT: Connections of the Glenda Bell-trained Ossenhagen at Springsure.

Hear the latest race news around the region with Richard Turnbull.

A family fun day for all

GET INVOLVED: This year's St Joseph's family fun day will have a range of unique activities for all ages.

Support St Joseph's in Clermont at their annual Family Fun Day.

Local Partners