Menu
News

Man taken to hospital after battery mishap

A 25-YEAR-OLD man is being treated for gas inhalation following an incident at the Baby Bunting store at Booval.

Police say a forklift battery emitted sulphuric acid at the baby goods store about 2pm this afternoon, causing an adverse reaction for the young man.

The building was evacuated and firefighters called in to conduct atmospheric monitoring.

Meanwhile, paramedics attended to check on the man who inhaled the gas.

He has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor gas inhalation.

Firefighters have since made the scene safe and left it with police and Workplace Health and Safety.
 


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Learn to meal prep like a pro

IN THE KITCHEN: Learn how to prepare nutritional meals for your week.

Find out more on how to meal prep like a pro.

Leaving a legacy for his sons

Find out about another of the great cars from the Emerald Car Club

Pioneer Park on track

Emerald 100 race day, 2017.

The first Emerald races for 2018 are on this weekend.

Local Partners