ASH is all that remains of personal belongings, clothing and a large book collection inside a dwelling that became engulfed in flames and burnt to the ground on Sunday night.
It is believed the fire started about 8.20pm in the area of an LP gas bottle inside the self-made miner's dwelling in Sapphire.
Neighbours were the first to spot the fire and the Gemfields Rural Fire Brigade responded to a call about 8.30pm.
Kris Nilsson was one of four volunteer firefighters to help battle the blaze, but said by the time they got there, there wasn't much they could do.
"There was absolutely nothing left inside the building when we got there," he said.
"It was well and truly engulfed when we arrived, all we could do was put the wet stuff on the hot stuff, as they say."
Mr Nilsson said that, although the dwelling only covered about 60sq m and a generator was the only power source, it still took three men, one woman and two fire trucks to extinguish the blaze.
"It only takes about five to 10 minutes for a room to engulf. Once a room starts going, it doesn't take long for a house to burn down."
Sergeant Brad Cowell commended the fire brigade for keeping the site safe as "several LP gas bottles vented".
Sgt Cowell said the single male occupant was not home when the dwelling ignited.
No suspicious circumstances surround the fire.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.