A TOWNSVILLE toddler who swallowed a Troll Doll may have been inspired by her favourite movie, Trolls.
Alice River toddler Eloise Huggett, 2, was playing with her sister Millie's doll last Tuesday when parents Justin and Melanie heard her choking.
"We didn't realise she had the troll, then the next minute she started choking," Mrs Huggett said.
"The most horrible thoughts went through my mind because when it comes to your kids, you just panic.
"But my husband was just so calm and leapt into action to administer first-aid to try to get the troll dislodged out of her throat."
Eloise was rushed to Townsville Hospital, where an X-ray revealed the body of the Mandy Sparkledust doll, about 6cm long and 2cm wide, had miraculously made it safely into her stomach.
Mrs Huggett said doctors told her Eloise would not require surgery and advised her to let nature take its course.
"They said it might be uncomfortable for her as it goes through her intestines but she was fine - and it did come out naturally," she said.
In the 2016 movie Trolls, the "Bergens" don't know how to be happy until one of them eats a troll. They then believe swallowing the colourful characters brings eternal happiness.
Mrs Huggett said while she didn't think Eloise was old enough to understand the story, it was a scary coincidence.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.