WATCH: NSW Border reopened as Pacific highway flows again
UPDATE: The Pacific highway has reopened again after earlier being closed because of floodwaters.
The closure, about 5 kilometres south of Tweed is still covered in water but has been reopened to traffic.
Dozens of cars who earlier attempted to drive through the floodwaters litter the road after failing to make it through.
Even some cars in the first group to be let through died on their way, leaving drivers and passengers stranded.
The above video was taken from one of the first cars allowed through the water.
EARLIER: IF the flooding wasn't such a serious issue, Gold Coasters would normally rejoice that people from New South Wales couldn't get over the border.
But this morning, the major link between both states has been cut by flooding, causing major issues for people in NSW trying to reach the airport.
The Pacific Motorway is closed between Clotheirs Creek Rd and Tweed Coast Rd in both directions leaving no accessible route between the Gold and Tweed Coasts via local roads.
Motorists are advised to use the New England Hwy which is only accessed in Northern NSW via the Gwydir Hwy from Grafton.
It's also bad news if you're planning a day trip to Byron Bay with the Pacific Motorway closed at the Tugun Tunnel southbound due to flooding at Chinderah.
Gold Coasters can still reach the airport via the Gold Coast Hwy.
Chinderah residents Reegan Tate and Laynie Tate check the mail during flooding at their Chinderah Road residence.
GOLD COAST ROAD CLOSURES
- Tugun Bypass, closed at Stewart due to flooding at Chindrah.
- Tweed Valley Way, closed in both directions due to flooding
- Pacific Motorway, closed between Clotheirs Creek Rd and Tweed Coast Rd in both directions due to flooding
- Gold Coast Springbrook Road, Mudgeeraba, closed between Tarrant Drive and Mudgeeraba Creek School due to debris
- Old Pacific Highway, Yatala, closed between Elderslie Road and Lloyds Lane due to flooding
- Mudgeeraba Road, Mudgeeraba, closed between Scullin Street and Tallai Road due to flooding
- Maudsland Road, Oxenford, closed on south of Tamborine Oxenford Road due to flooding
- Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin Valley, closed just west of Piggabeen Road due to flooding
- Beechmont Road, Clagiraba, Lower Beechmont Road closed at Intersection of Beechmont Road and Nerang Murwillumbah Road due to debris
- Tamborine Oxenford Road, Upper Coomera, closed at John Muntz Causeway and Maudsland Road due to bridge collapse
- Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin Valley, closed due to landslide 1km west of Braewood Dr
- Pine Creek Road, Springbrook, closed due to flooding
- Gold Coast Springbrook Road, Mudgeeraba, closed on Somerset Drive due to flooding
- Pimpama Jacobs Well Road, Pimpama, closed between rail overpass and Wharf Road due to flooding
- Tallebudgera Creek Road, Tallebudgera Valley, closed at Tallebudgera Connection Road intersection due to flooding
- Tallebudgera Connection Road, Tallebudgera, closed near Grays road due to flooding
- Pacific Motorway, Robina Exit 80, Mudgeeraba
- Gold Coast Highway, Coombabah between Country Club Drive and Marble Arch
- Lamington National Park Road (Canungra Ck Bridge), Canungra
- Rudd Street, Broadbeach Waters, Fallen Tree
- Pacific Motorway, Yatala Exit 38, Both Exits Flooded
- Angelica Street, Elanora, Water on road
- Bond University Ring Road, Robina, Water over Road at Weir Bridge
- Ironbark Street, Elanora, Water on Road between Angelica Street and Avocado Street
- Guineas Creek Road, Elanora, Water on Road
- Alabaster Drive, Carrara, Between Nerang Broadbeach Road and Plateau Crescent
- Smith Street (Napper Road), Arundel, At intersection with Napper Road near stopline