One in hospital for smoke inhalation

A person is in hospital after suffering smoke inhalation from a shed fire at Eastern Heights overnight.

Emergency crews were called to the private residence shortly after 2am this morning.

Firefighters located and extinguished a small fire in the back of the shed at the Vivian St address.

The patient received treatment on site before being transported to Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition.


Police probe Isaac truck rollover, road closure

Premium Content Police probe Isaac truck rollover, road closure

One lane of a thoroughfare road is currently blocked to traffic as a Mackay...

Assistance for farmers at Boyne Valley information day

Premium Content Assistance for farmers at Boyne Valley information day

Aussie Helpers, the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Gladstone council and...

Triumph, tragedy and saving lives: CQ Rescue marks 25 years

Premium Content Triumph, tragedy and saving lives: CQ Rescue marks 25 years

IN PHOTOS: It was a night of reflection and appreciation as the community...