A 50-year-old man has been electrocuted in an incident linked to an outdoor spa at his home.
A 50-year-old man has been electrocuted in an incident linked to an outdoor spa at his home.

Man found electrocuted beside spa

A man electrocuted at his home in Perth's Swan Valley is believed to have sustained the shock through contact with his outdoor spa.

The 50-year-old was found unresponsive in The Vines on Monday evening and it's believed he sustained the shock after coming into contact with an electrified component of the spa's heating and pumping equipment.

Electrical safety inspectors from West Australia's Building and Energy department have disconnected the spa and are investigating the incident.


Please, no more death on our roads or in our mines

premium_icon Please, no more death on our roads or in our mines

State Government and mines need to pull their fingers out; get answers sooner and...

Man spends $1700 on stolen fuel card

premium_icon Man spends $1700 on stolen fuel card

The Central Queensland miner nicked the fuel card from his stepdad in anger.

How much child care costs are soaring in your suburb

premium_icon How much child care costs are soaring in your suburb

The new child care subsidy was supposed to take pressure off parents