THE hunt for missing Mackay man Timothy John Pullen has been up-scaled as Mackay detectives suspect he may have met with foul play.
Officers from the State Crime Operations Command's Homicide Investigations Unit arrived in Mackay earlier this week and will work in conjunction with the Mackay police Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) to investigate the matter.
The 34-year-old has been missing since April this year and CIB officer-in-charge Detective Senior Sergeant Rodd Carroll yesterday confirmed that it was believed Mr Pullen may have met with foul play.
Police had reached this conclusion based on information provided by the public, Det Snr Sgt Carroll said.
The investigating officers have received a significant amount of information from the public, however, Det Snr Sgt Carroll said they were appealing for further information regarding the movements of Mr Pullen and his associates.
"The public's assistance in this matter so far has been invaluable, we thank them and we hope it continues," Det Snr Sgt Carroll said.
Police were particularly interested in speaking with anyone who may have knowledge of Mr Pullen's movements regarding seasonal agricultural employment such as fruit picking or cane crushing.
"Because of the amount of time that has passed... we just need to work out what his movements are," he said.
Mr Pullen was last seen in the Northern Beaches area on April 12.
He wasn't reported missing until much later.
Forensic officers wearing full body coveralls, disposable footwear and masks have already inspected the Valley St unit where Mr Pullen lived.
Anyone with information regarding Mr Pullen's disappearance should phone the Mackay CIB on 4968 3533 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.