Pregnant woman bitten by snake as she walked to bathroom
WHAT is the first thing you would do if you were bitten by a snake?
That is a question Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 want people to think carefully about after a heavily pregnant woman was stuck by a snake inside her home.
The woman got out of bed to go to the bathroom and as she was walking through the dark house she felt a sharp scratch on the top of her foot.
When she turned on the lights she saw a snake slithering into her bedroom.
The woman's husband thought the snake was a non-venomous python and contacted the snake catchers for confirmation.
It was confirmed to be a five foot carpet python, but on the Snake Catchers' Facebook page the team posted a reminder of the importance of erring on the side of caution.
If you are not 100% sure what kind of snake you have seen, or been bitten by, treat it as if it was venomous, the post said.
If you are bitten by what is believed to be a venomous snake apply a pressure bandage to the bite and phone an ambulance immediately.