YOU'RE probably having a bit of a tough time tipping this year. But one lucky punter certainly isn't.
In a season full of surprises and upsets one online bookmaker user was able to luck his way into a miraculous near-$70,000 payout in Round Four.
The gambler tipped all nine winners as well as their winning margin brackets, turning $10 into $69,979 with Sportsbet.
It almost went off the rails early thanks to North Melbourne and Melbourne. The Bulldogs came back from 29 points down against the Kangaroos and needed a late miss from Roos veteran Lindsay Thomas to hang on.
It was similarly nailbiting at the MCG, where Dockers forward Cam McCarthy scored from the goal square inside the final two minutes to help Freo sneak home.
But the punter was able to breathe easily once Geelong finally started kicking straight against Hawthorn on Easter Monday and the bet was set to salute.
- West Coast by 1-39 pts v Sydney Swans at $2.10 (Eagles won by 26 points)
- Western Bulldogs by 1-39 pts v North Melbourne at $2.20 (Bulldogs won by three points)
- Fremantle by 1-39 pts v Melbourne at $3.75 (Dockers won by two points)
- GWS Giants by 1-39 pts v Port Adelaide at $2.25 (Giants won by 31 points)
- Gold Coast Suns by 1-39 pts v Carlton at $2.40 (Suns won by 26 points)
- Adelaide Crows by 40+ pts v Essendon at $2.20 (Crows won by 65 points)
- St Kilda by 1-39 pts v Collingwood at $2.50 (Saints won by 14 points)
- Richmond by 40+ pts v Brisbane Lions at $3.40 (Tigers won by 52 points)
- Geelong Cats by 40+ pts v Hawthorn at $4.00 (Cats won by 86 points)
Combined odds: $6997
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.