PREMIER Annastacia Palaszczuk has denied offering disgraced Bundamba MP Jo-Ann Miller a chance to return to Cabinet after a stint cooling her heels on the backbench.
Ms Miller has told supporters she is keen get her spot in Cabinet back after she was unceremoniously sacked last year.
Ms Miller took her position on the backbench on Tuesday when State Parliament resumed for the first time this year.
Her seat in the back corner was a far cry from the seat she occupied when police minister.
Kawana MP Jarrod Bleijie wasted no time during the first question time of the year to once again target his long-term nemesis.
He asked Ms Palaszczuk if Ms Miller had been promised a future Cabinet seat or if she would be barred from any future ministerial positions.
The question came after the Queensland Times reported this week Ms Miller had told supporters she was planning a Lazarus-style return to the frontbench.
"I have made no such undertaking," Ms Palaszczuk said.
Ms Miller was sensationally sacked from Cabinet on December 3, 2015 after the parliamentary ethics committee ruled she had acted recklessly in her role.
The committee further found the former police minister's behaviour was not of the standard expected of a minister.
It came a day after she survived a no-confidence motion with independent speaker Peter Wellington casting the decisive vote to save her skin.
Ms Miller ended up falling on her sword and resigning from Cabinet on December 4 after her position became untenable.
Speculation on her political future ran rife over the summer after the QT revealed faceless union bosses were positioning candidates to take over her seat should she pull the pin on her chequered political career.
Ms Miller was never far away from headlines last year after she bounced from scandal to scandal - putting a vast majority of her colleagues offside in the process.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.