THE axe keeps swinging at public servants, with more than 2000 jobs to be cut as the Queensland Government restructures its transport system and QBuild.
TransLink no longer will be a stand-alone operation, being shifted under the Department of Transport and Main Roads banner and its coverage moving beyond south-east Queensland.
Of the 1970 flagged for redundancies, 600 will come from state government-owned road builder RoadTek.
Transport Minister Scott Emerson would not say how many of those would be from regional Queensland.
Although Mr Emerson would not be drawn on the final cost of paying out 1970 workers, he said there would be $287 million in savings over four years.
APN understands the LNP redundancy deals will be more restrained than those offered when the ALP cut 818 workers previously.
It cost the former government $75 million to cut less than half the number of workers flagged by the LNP for redundancies.
Those in RoadTek, Transport and Main Roads and TransLink will learn their fate in coming weeks, although Mr Emerson says senior executives and those in corporate roles will be the key targets.
In QBuild, temporary workers are having their contracts terminated, falling from 382 at the end of March to just 78 as of Tuesday.
A number of those 78 now will have their contracts either expire or terminated.Opposition Transport spokeswoman Jackie Trad said the cuts would cripple networks on the Sunshine Coast, in Rockhampton and Mackay.
"What this government has achieved today is to bring the public transport network in Brisbane and in every region to a screeching halt," Ms Trad said.
"He needs to be honest today and tell those employees earmarked for the sack who they are and when they will lose their jobs."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.