Rock attack on truck driver sparks online outrage
A TRUCK driver was left hospitalised and police have come under fire after a rock was thrown through the windscreen of a truck travelling on the Newell Hwy.
The incident occurred about 9.30am on Wednesday last week.
The driver, who works for Toll Transport, was taken to Goondiwindi Hospital with a shard of glass in his eye.
The attack sparked a social media backlash against police, with many claiming the authorities are failing to protect truck drivers and stamp out the ongoing incidents.
"Boggabilla once again," a post on the Facebook page OzTruckintv the Real Voice read.
- For every two people there are 1.7 guns in Gympie
- He tried to kill himself, instead another died
- Walking dead to premiere on Toowoomba streets
- Police dog squad van destroyed by fire after chase
- 'Martha wanted to get high. She didn't want to die'
"This time a driver has been taken to hospital this is an ongoing problem with this area having numerous calls to the authorities about people throwing objects at vehicles with intent to harm
"SHAME ON YOU NSW POLICE.
"There's a bloody police station in this town."
Police have said they are aware of the incident and are planning to increase patrols in the area.