Scott Cam reacts to The Block replacement rumour
Scott Cam is beloved by all of The Block fans, however rumours started to swirl recently that the tradesman was leaving his hosting duties and was going to be replaced by Jamie Durie.
On Sunday, the 57-year-old debunked those rumours entirely.
"I have been at Channel 9 for 21 years on a permanent basis and I have got a few good years left in some contracts, so I reckon I'm staying put," he told The Herald Sun.
Executive producer Julian Cress added that Scott, who took on the hosting role of The Block in 2010, was "an integral organ that without him there simply wouldn't be a show".
"As long as Dave [Barbour, The Block creator], Justin and I are making The Block Scotty will be the host," he said.
Jamie Durie previously hosted the show from 2003-2004, however the rumours of him returning were highly unlikely, as he hosts rival renovation show House Rules.
Meanwhile, it has been reported by TV Tonight that The Block 2021 will be filmed in Melbourne's Hampton.
The show will be filmed on Bronte Court, the prestigious bayside location.
The opulent suburb is 14km from Melbourne's CBD and is in the City of Bayside, which is the council involved with the current season in Brighton.
RELATED: Hidden camera exposes Block cheater
At the Nine Upfronts, a spokesperson said, "The Block will return in 2021 for an astonishing 17th season.
"While we can't say too much just yet, we can confirm that next year's series will take place in the ultimate family-friendly setting of a picturesque suburban cul de sac."
Sunday night's episode will see the room reveals for the current season's upstairs areas.
Last week, Jimmy and Tam, frontrunners throughout the season, copped harsh criticism for their living and dining room, after making the controversial decision to not add a dining table.
"I've seen more living space in small apartments," said Neale Whitaker. "This to me feels incredibly compromised for a main living area … this is not adequate for a house of this size and this value. It's really not."
Darren Palmer was first to point out the lack of a dining space: "In a family home when you've got four or five bedrooms, and an entertainer's kitchen, I think it is a massive, massive misstep."
Neale called it a "really misjudged week" for the couple, while Shaynna Blaze asked: "What were they thinking?" She insisted the space "had to be rectified."
"Unfortunately, ever since we walked into this room, all we've done is fix problems," said Neale.
The Block's golden couple come dead last for the first time, scoring 21.5 out of 30 from the judges. Father-daughter duo Harry and Tash win the room reveal with a score of 28.5.
The Block room reveals will air tonight at 7pm on Channel 9
Originally published as Scott Cam reacts to replacement rumour