A PRODUCT recall has been issued by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission after 7News handed out necklaces which could expose children to dangerous button batteries.
The necklaces in question were handed out at the Channel 7 stand at the Brisbane EKKA from August 10 to August 19 - between 4pm and 5pm.
"The back of the flashing necklace is faulty and may be torn away from the housing exposing the button batteries," the ACCC stated in a recall notice which was issued this afternoon.
"If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they may suffer internal burn injuries which can result in serious injury or death.
"In addition, the batteries may pose a choking hazard to young children."
Consumers should cease using the product immediately and return it to: Everything Glows, Reply Paid 91220, 37/148 Chesterville Road Moorabbin Victoria 3189.
Alternatively, contact 03 9553 0972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.